[Fwd: Broken dependencies in Fedora 7 + Test Updates - 2007-06-21]

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Jun 27 15:07:04 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:06:43 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>
>> Jon Ciesla (limb at jcomserv.net) said:
>>> This package's corresponding -data package is not disttagged, and needs to
>>> be linked from the version in rawhide.  Who do I ask for help with this?
>>> Will I have to repeat the process once it goes to f-7 stable, and again
>>> for FC-6?
>> Surely the data package exists in the F7 release?
>
> Surely not.

Jon,

With F-7 due to all the changes surrounding the merge, it is no longer possible
(AFAIK) for repo admins to go in and copy over packages. So the proper way todo
is, is to add a dist-tag and then rebuild for devel and also build for F-7,
just like you would do with a normal package.

Regards,

Hans