FPC Meeting Summaries? (Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-03-01)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 19:31:04 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 06:55 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 04.03.2007 21:50, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Sunday 04 March 2007 13:23:35 Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >> Just wondering: Why isn't the PC sending any reports/summaries to
> >> fedora-maintainers anymore (or did I miss them all in the past weeks?)?
> >> That was part of the arrangement between FESCo and FPC iirc; to quote
> >> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule
> > It's supposed to be the person bringing the draft to the PC that takes care of
> > sending information regarding passed drafts to Maintainers list.  In my case,
> > I did communicate about the initscript draft.
>
> Thx for doing this. Nevertheless I think having at least rough meeting
> summaries is normally (¹) a must -- especially when things got
> approved/voted upon.
>
> There are not even the IRC logs in the wiki from the past two meetings
> afaics:
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Minutes
>
> CU
> thl
>
> (¹) -- sometimes meetings are more a general chat and then it might not
> make to much sense trying to sum them up

FPC is too disorganized.  There's no one responsible for taking minutes
and no one responsible for writing and sending the summaries.
Somethings are also confusing as the last time sending summaries came up
(in FPC, not FESCo) it seemed that people wanted to send the summaries
after the writeup, not after the draft was ratified by FPC.

Solutions:
* Someone volunteers to send URLs for proposals approved by the FPC to
-maintainers on the day of the FPC meetings. [I'll take this one
starting with tomorrow's meeting.]
* We need someone to volunteer to post the Packaging Committee IRC Logs
at the very least.  Having minutes would be nice too.  You don't have to
be a member of the Packaging Committee as we don't discuss anything in
private, you just have to be able to show up for the meetings and post
them later.

-Toshio