[fedora-my] OSCONF marketing

syamsul anuar wariola at gmail.com
Sat May 23 17:23:06 UTC 2009

Salam,

This is something I thought of doing since 1 month ago, but due to
procrastination, laziness et all so just finished it this morning. Hope this
can compliment our marketing of this gigantic event.

*WHY YOU NEED TO BE AT MSC OPEN SOURCE CONFERENCE*

MSC Open Source Conference 2009 will be held at Berjaya Times Square on the
31st May – 3rd June 2009. It will be the largest gathering of its kind in
Malaysia and will attracts IT Executives, developers, coders, companies,
multi-million companies and multi-billion companies from around the world to
share, train, showcase and maybe hire the bright minds in the Malaysia Open
Source Ecosystem. This is a guide of what to expect from this event from the
perspective of roles below:-

*Computer User*

   - See first hand the power, user-friendliness and robust from Viruses of
   Open Source Operating System powering your desktop, laptops, netbook, home
   server and handphones (even toaster, serious).
   - Learn from experts howto tune your Open Source Operating System and
   detect missing driver, slow performance and guides on the best application
   that open source can offer.
   - Save your expenses for more important matters in these tough times
   (girlfriends, food and wedding) rather than wasting time and money
   installing and buying those antivirus, Operating System and Productivity
   Applications.
   - Learn the fundamental of Linux and Unix-based system and how they are
   different from Wisdows to impress friends, girlfriends, teachers and off
   course enemies / rivals.

*Business Owner*

   - Do you want to save / monitor your company cost by using the best of
   breed ERP Solution? Checkout Open Source ADempiere Business Suite. Its the
   world’s number 1 Open Source ERP Project in the world and delivering solid
   business experience in a wide range of industries.
   - Learn from the expert: World reknown leader of ADempiere, Mr Red1 will
   be there at MSC Open Source Conference to share and teach you how easy and
   complex ADempiere Business Suite and howto cater it to your business.
   - Wanna save more dollar and cents? Lookout for the Open Source Desktop
   and Open Source Applications around you. The community and vendor are more
   than happy to help and guide you to the wonderful (money savings) world of
   Open Source.

*Executives*

   - You’re an executive being pressured to look for more cost saving,
   dealing with reduce IT budget and dont know where to look? Look no further,
   MSC Open Source Conference is for you. We will showcase Virtualization, Open
   Source Desktop, Open Source Development Kit, Open Source ERP, Open Source
   Development Framework and Open Source T-Shirt to show your spirit. There
   will something for everyone at MSC Open Source Conference 2009.
   - We will also share with you Open Source success stories, case studies
   and howto build your business case towards Open Source Migration.
   - Some of the big Open Source and Open Source-Friendly company will be
   there on show to show you the FOSSnovation and like-for-like replacement for
   your current infrastructure.

*Parents*

   - Yes parents also got their fair share of stake in the Open Source
   Community. We will be showcasing the Sugar OLPC (yes the famousOne Laptop
   Per Child) live CD for the parents to give their loved ones. This CD can run
   in any notebook and PCs for the children 1st iteration to the world of
   computing and application in the safest and enjoyable environment.
   - Also some education-oriented games will be showcase to show how wide
   variety Open Source ecosystem is.

*
Undergraduate*

   - So you are looking for jobs or will be graduating soon? and wanna be in
   the Open Souce boat? Jobstreet will open up booth on the event floor. Go
   there and show the world how good you are!!
   - Heard of Open Source but never really sure what it is? Do you know that
   most graduate with Open Source skills are far better at getting jobs than
   those that aren’t? Come over and we show you what the fuss is all about !!

*IT Companies*

   - Business stagnanting? Solutions not being accepted well in the market?
   We show you the latest trend and where the market is heading in terms of
   technology, demand and innovation.
   - Looking into Open Source-related business but don’t know where to look?
   Head over to all the participating companies booth and illustrated speakers
   and strike some deal / enquiries moving forward. Those coming are some of
   the biggest in the game e.g. Redhat, Novell, Canonical, Sun Microsystem and
   Google Inc.

*Coders / Developers*

   - Looking for new code to hack? new itch to be scratch? Checkout the
   Developers track where some latest and biggest Open Source Project
   showcasing their shiny codes and over-the-top applications.
   - Share your knowledge either formally or informally either during the
   hackathon or the lightning talks session. Be an instant celebrity here, only
   in MSC Open Source Conference 2009!!

*Open Source Community *

   - Meet new and online-only friend here at MSC Open Source Conference and
   share a drink. Its been a while since the last big gathering of Open Source
   Community in Malaysia.

Here’s to the big event.

REGISTER NOW!! <http://www.mscmalaysia.my/osconf>

Links is below. It is posted at my blog.

http://linuxriola.wordpress.com/2009/05/24/why-you-need-to-be-at-msc-open-source-conference-2009/

*http://tinyurl.com/p3w68q*

--
.: war|ola :.
Use Fedora Linux for better computing experience