[fedora-my] Fedora-MY Bug #0

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 07:53:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Johann Amin <johann at akiss.com.my> wrote:
> From what I can see, most if not all of the FOSS activity is happening in
> Selangor/WP. It is crucial to remember that the "MY" in FOSS-MY stands for
> Malaysia (if by any chance it means Myanmar, please ignore the remainder of
> this message). Selangor/WP !== Malaysia.

of course Selangor/WP is not Malaysia. but the active ones are located
in this area. Also , FOSS-MY != Fedora-MY.

> The first step is to find out who's who & where. Draft out a roster and
> appoint 2 to 3 persons as state/area administrators.

Currently in term of Fedora-MY group, majority are in Selangor/WP, and
we kindof got Farouq at JB, thats for now. The rest are idle. There
are also some Fedorans in Perak (UTP/UiTM)

> People are not going to join a cause if they don't actually see it in
> action, which brings us to the second step. FOSS activities should be
> rotated to different states/areas where potential/promising candidates can
> come, see, touch & smell the community.

Also, do note that Fedora-MY is a group with no money besides from our
own shallow pockets. We cant afford (monetarily, and time) to cycle
venues like that.

Therefore, at this point of time, what we can afford is Selangor/WP as
our starting point. Until more consumers are converted to become
contributors.

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru  天野晃 「あまの ひかる」