FWN Beat for my local community?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Dec 18 15:29:12 UTC 2009

On 12/18/2009 04:29 PM, Pascal Calarco wrote:
> Hi Yijan --
>
> I think its a great idea to have occasional special beats that overview
> Fedora activity ion a geographical area, if that's what you are getting
> at. If you'd like to write one for your area and submit it, that would
> be great! Let me know and I will set up a new beat space for you on the
> wiki.

The question is, where do we draw the line? We have so many local
communities that including news from all of them would result in a very
long and hard to read page.

Still, we have a bit of overlap: local activities are usually organised
by an Ambassador, so they are reported on the Ambassadors list, with the
most important of them finding way on the Ambassadors beat. Also, the
people organizing them or participating them may have blogs aggregated
on Planet, so the event may find its way also on the Planet beat.

Me, I am involved in a local community (just presented about Fedora at a
local conference this Saturday) and at times would have plenty of things
to report, as would have many other Fedora fellows from different
places. I think this content have to be filtered somehow, so we don't
flood the readers.