[Fedora-php-devel-list] Re: "cfg" role in /etc? : update to 1.7.2

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Sun May 18 10:16:03 UTC 2008

Remi Collet wrote:

> Version 1.31 set www_dir to /usr/share/pear/www

Well, it didn't, it didn't set it to anything, it's just that the first
time you used PEAR it "guessed" [prefix]/www as www_dir

> Version 1.32 set www_dir to /usr/share/pear/htdocs

I think this was the "intended" default upstream...

> What must be this ? Should it be under /var/www ?

For Fedora it should be whatever we are using for webapps generally. I had
a quick look on the wiki and couldn't see if we had a standard. phpMyAdmin
and Squirrelmail use /usr/share/[pkgname]/[something] which doesn't really
fit!

I think the only sensible default is probably /var/www/html

> (we probably need a new option to set this value)

I've implemented that in the latest version upstream.

Tim