Implementing Security Policies

Bhaskar abc.bhaskar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:09:48 UTC 2006

Dear Stephen,

Thanks for responding.

My security policies include something as below:

setting minimum password length.
setting number of retry attempts for the password.
setting password history, etc.

In FC3, I tried by changing MIN_PASS_LEN=5 in /etc/login.defs files and also
included minlen=5 parameter in /etc/pam.d/system-auth file.

Kindly suggest whether I am proceeding in the correct direction or not.

Regards,
Bhaskar.