Fedora 7 and the Security Response Team

Josh Bressers bressers at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 23:31:19 UTC 2007

As everybody is no doubt aware, Fedora 7 is bringing a number of changes,
one of which will be putting the burden of security on the Fedora Security
Response Team.  Right now it's basically the Red Hat Security Response Team
working on Core, and not much of anything happening for Extras.  This is
going to change.

I'm going to be filing a request for some resources sometime this week.  I
have an IRC bot and an xmlrpc server that will initially run from there.
The long term goal is to host the various security related tools that don't
yet exist.

In the meantime, the task at hand should be to start tracking flaws for
Fedora 7.  What we usually would do at this point for core, is copy the fc6
file into fc7 in CVS. We then pour over the entries looking for
questionable items.  I'm thinking what we should do for Fedora 7, is
merge the fe6 and fc6 files into a f7 (a better name is welcome) file, then
start working through this file.  We've never done this in a distributed
manner before, so ideas are welcome.

--
    JB