FC2 Startup Errors

edwarner99 at yahoo.com edwarner99 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 22:27:48 UTC 2004

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:07:12 -0400
From: Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
Subject: Re: FC2 Startup Errors
To: "Fedora SELinux support list for users &
developers."
	<fedora-selinux-list at redhat.com>

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 08:54, edwarner99 at yahoo.com
wrote:
> I am getting these errors when I reboot FC2.
> I don't know what they mean. I have more, but this
is
> the jist of the errors.
>
> I can log in as a user, but I have root privileges.
>
> audit(1087859536.934:0): avc:  denied  { getattr }
for
>  pid=1 exe=/sbin/init path=/dev/initctl dev=hda2
> ino=73143 scontext=system_u:system_r:kernel_t
> tcontext=system_u:object_r:file_t tclass=fifo_file
<snip>

<snip>  Do you want SELinux to be enabled?  If so,
then run fixfiles relabel to label your filesystems.
If not, then edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux accordingly
to disable it.

I don't have a /etc/sysconfig/selinux, but I do have a
/etc/security/selinux
What do I have to do to disable?
I placed selinux=0 in grub.conf on the kernel line.
That seemed to kill everything.
Was this the right way?