SELinux/httpd integration

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 13:21:10 UTC 2004

I think one thing that would help would be making the sets of example
httpd module configurations self-documentating w.r.t. SELinux for some
of the modules.

So for instance, how do I get Subversion/mod_dav_svn working with an
SELinux-enabled httpd? Can we make it such that an SVN repos is as easy
to set up as:

# cd /src/svn
# svnadmin create mystuff
# vi /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf
 - uncomment the defaults?

even with SELinux enabled?  The commented default in subversion.conf
here could be:

<Location /repos>
   DAV svn
   SVNParentPath /srv/svn
</Location>

A more generic example would be if we provide a /srv/www directory or
something to which the httpd domain is allowed read+write access by
default; somewhere to put the PHP webapps.

Does this make sense?

joe