Simulating a hacker attack

pedro esteban pedro.esteba at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 07:31:44 UTC 2005

>Ok, thx for the lines. It works fine when im in Xmode (xterm), but
> >when i change to console mode (tty1) if i execute /var/www/httpdsh it
> >doesnot work. Its like if i dont execute the program. I dont get to
> >the httpd bash. I dont receive any message in the console. I dont
> >receive any message in /var/log/message. I dont receive any message in
> >/var/log/audit/audit.log. Its like if it had not done anything
> >
> >What happen?
> >

> You need to add getattr and ioctl to your tty.  I am adding it to Policy.
>
> You could add
>
> allow httpd_t tty_device_t:chr_file { getattr ioctl };
>
> to local.te

Thx again for your answer :), but it dosent work

I think something is broken because like i said in my previous
message, i dont receive any message from the system.
When i execute the /var/www/httpdsh in Xmode (for example xterm) it
works fine, but if i execute it in console mode (for example tty1) is
like if i dont execute absolutely NOTHING.   Nothing in console,
nothing in /var/log/messages, nothing in /var/log/audit/audit.log,
nothing in /var/log/* and after the execute im not in the new shell.

its very strange