selinux causes a problem with cdrom mounting on Fedora Core 3

pine oil oil.pine at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:32:31 UTC 2006

I've just installed FC3 onto my machine because FC4 refused to install
complaining it could could not configure my graphic card (Matrox Millennium
P750).

CD does not get mounted properly apparently due to SELinux as indicated in
the /etc/fstab as below. I edited the file to eliminated the entry made by
SELinux. On reboot, the same entry appears again. What do I do now?

Your suggesion will be appreciated very much.

pine

======================== /etc/fstab ======================
# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot1            /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-hda3         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrom            auto
pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,ro,exec,noauto,managed 0
0