error in 'make load'

gf gyromagnetic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:44:24 UTC 2006

Hi,
I am trying to update the httpd policy in selinux to allow access to port 8443.
I thought that I could add the line
  portcon tcp 8443  system_u:object_r:http_port_t
to the file
  /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/net_contents
and recompile.

My first step was to download the sources:
  selinux-policy-targeted-sources-1.17.30-2.110.rpm
and install.

To check whether or not everthing was working, I tried the following
without altering any files:

[$ /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy]:make load
mkdir -p /etc/selinux/targeted/policy
/usr/bin/checkpolicy -o /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.18 policy.conf
/usr/bin/checkpolicy:  loading policy configuration from policy.conf
tmp/program_used_flags.te:2:ERROR 'syntax error' at token
'/etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/domains/program' on line 1164:
/etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/domains/program
#line 1 "tmp/program_used_flags.te"
/usr/bin/checkpolicy:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
make: *** [/etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.18] Error 1

I am a newbie with regard to selinux and would really appreciate some
help diagnosing and correcting this error so that I can make my
desired changes.

I am using Scientific Linux 4 (a variant of RHEL4).

Thanks for your help.

-g