package review?

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Jul 26 14:50:25 UTC 2006

Michael Thomas wrote:
> Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>
>> Michael Thomas wrote:

>>> This gen_requires() generates a syntax error in my .te file.  I had to
>>> change it to a simple require():
>>>
>>> require {
>>>     type port_t;
>>>     attribute port_type;
>>> };
>>>

>> Should be gen_require().
>>

> Yes, that did it.  What's the difference between using gen_require() and
> the require{} statements?

##############################
#
# For use in interfaces, to optionally insert a require block
#
define(`gen_require',`
        ifdef(`self_contained_policy',`
                ifdef(`__in_optional_policy',`
                        require {
                                $1
                        } # end require
                ')
        ',`
                require {
                        $1
                } # end require
        ')
')

So for your case not much.  If you are using it in an interface file and
it is in an Optional block it will be optional.  Otherwise it is
required.  At least that is my reading of the macro.