SELinux Module Packaging in FC5

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jun 21 14:35:22 UTC 2006

Joshua Brindle wrote:
>> From: Paul Howarth [mailto:paul at city-fan.org]

>> a binary
>> without a
>> contexts,

>> easier from a
>> and chcon in

>> contexts should

>>> Try putting a line with just ; where the rules would go and see if
>>> that compiles.
>> What I'm saying is that the module compiles just fine without
>> the "require" section, and I think it might be better if it
>> didn't (or at least emitted a warning) since the .fc part
>> references httpd_cache_t.
>>
>> Paul.
>>

> Not necessarilly. For example, a policy that declares 2 roles and does a
> role allow between them, while not useful, is valid. No requirements
> would be necessary then.

In the example I gave earlier, file context types were used in the .fc
file; I just think it would make sense for these to be "required" in the
same way that they would be if they were used in the .te file.

We're getting away from the original issue here though, which was for
clean support of policy module packages containing file contexts and no
rules, to avoid issues like this:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2006-May/msg00104.html

Paul.