semanage / file_contexts.local

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Wed Mar 29 15:39:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 09:47 -0500, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> > One last thing: is it possible to add multiple objects in a single
> > semanage call?
> I don't think the python frontend supports it, but the backend library
> certainly does - it's transactional, and only the commit takes a long
> time. It seems like this would be useful to people - Dan?

Not sure what the user interface would look like.  semodule already
supports multiple operations on a single command line, e.g.
	semodule -b base.pp -i a.pp -i b.pp
but semanage syntax is a bit more complicated.

Are we talking about just adding multiple objects of the same type in a
single command, e.g. collapsing
	semanage port -a -t http_port_t -p tcp 81
	semanage port -a -t http_cache_port_t -p tcp 8081
to something like:
	semanage port -a -t http_port_t -p tcp 81 -a -t http_cache_port_t -p tcp 8080

Or dealing with arbitrary combinations, e.g. collapsing
	semanage port -a -t http_port_t -p tcp 81
	semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_content_t '/web(/.*)?'
to some single command line?