How should I run genfscon in my module?

Karl MacMillan kmacmill at redhat.com
Tue Oct 31 21:48:54 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 12:49 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 21:06 +0100, Dawid Gajownik wrote:
> > Dnia 10/29/2006 06:33 PM, Użytkownik Joshua Brindle napisał:
> > > Right, that's a hard fix I think, dashes aren't allowed in
> > > identifiers and they are treated specially for use in MLS ranges..
> >
> > Oh, that's really bad :( Without that line files on ntfs-3g filesystem
> > have unlabeled_t type and I would need to give to many privileges to
> > mount_t domain.
> >
> > So there is no hope to fix it in the clean way?
>
> File it as a bug against checkpolicy.

I looked at fixing this by changing genfscon to use user_identifier
instead of identifier (they are the same except user_identifier includes
"-"). This made checkpolicy generate a syntax error for all genfscon
statements - haven't tracked down what the problem is. The grammer still
seems to be unambiguous.

I'll try to get back to it soon, but thought I would post this in case
someone knows what the issue is off the top of their head.

Karl