home directory problems with Fedora 8

John Griffiths fedora02 at grifent.com
Thu Dec 6 17:15:06 UTC 2007

My reply is not selinux related but will solve you bashing the /home.
Put /home on a separate file system. When you install Fedora 9 or
whatever comes down the pike, install and use the advanced options for
the disk layout. Do not change the lay out and make sure you know which
partition belongs to which file system. Lay them out the same way and
choose not to format the partitions you want to keep. Depending on what
options you choose, you may have to just not do anything with the /home
file system at install and add the mount after the installation over the
/home directory.

Works for me.

Regards,
John