Is there a way to set default MCS labels for file creation?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jun 22 22:01:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 16:18:43 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> Is there a way to set a default set of labels for newly created files
> based on file paths or role?

I found information stating the default type comes from the type of the
directory in which the file is created, but my testing indicates that
the categories do not default to that of the directory the file is created
in. They seem to come from your current context. I tried dropping categories
using newrole with the -l option, but it wouldn't let me do that.
"Error: you are not allowed to change levels on a non secure terminal"