selinux policy change yields unbootable initrd

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 18:26:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 14:06 -0400, Euman wrote:

> Ive been following this issue on several other list and here is what
> seems to be the problem as far as some FedoraProject see's the issue..
>
> Look at ->
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F7Test2/ReleaseNotes
>
> ->
> [Problems with mkinitrd]
>
> they mention the rpm ordering issue and updating anaconda via an
>  .img pkg

That's a different bug.

That bug is a problem with the installer trying to install the mkinitrd
package - it would sometimes get stuck in an infinite loop on 64-bit
machines.

My problem is that the SELinux policy is denying mkinitrd some
permissions it needs to be able to create a working initrd.

Or, rather, it *was* - it seems to work with selinux-policy-2.5.8-5.fc7.
The changelog mentions prelink, not ldconfig, so I'm not sure what
actually changed and whether the problem is really fixed or if I'm just
not seeing it now.

How could I get a diff between the two policies?

Thanks,

-w