Ooops! I've hosed up selinux, help!

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Sat Mar 31 17:37:14 UTC 2007

>I was playing around with the security settings on my FC6 box and
>reset a couple of selinux options.  Which ones you ask?  Darned if I
>can remember.  Anyway, it prevents X from starting correctly so I
>can't go in and run the security program and fix it.  If I disable
>selinux, X starts just fine but the options for selinux are not
>available in the security program.  Even if you start it with selinux
>off and the set it on, the options don't show up.  Is there a way to
>reset all options to default without running X?
>
>Thanks very much,
>
>--
>Knute Johnson
>Molon Labe...

I've unhosed it.  I started the computer and let X fail to start
without trying any of the fixit options.  Then I set enforcing off
and started X.  Then I could see the options in the security settting
program and figured out which ones I had been messing with and put
them back.  It works fine now.

Thanks,
--
Knute Johnson