[SCRIPT] avctree 1.0.4

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri May 18 15:57:14 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 17:09 +0800, Lee Kok Seng wrote:
> On 18 May 2007, at 7:35 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > Lee Kok Seng wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> Here is version 1.0.4 of the script previously posted.
> >> a. Added regular expression (perl) to select messages to display
> >
> > How about submitting and maintaining this as a package in Fedora?
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

> No issue with me, but this is a simple script, does it warrant being
> a package?
> Let me understand more what kind of work it takes to going down that
> path.

FYI the audit package now includes a parsing library (auparse). It is
witten in C and includes a python binding. It is also capable of
performing searches. The thinking is auparse will be utilized by several
pieces of audit technology and will serve as the base technology for
audit parsing.

Note, at the moment it is just a library of routines, but I imagine
shortly the package will also include a front end utility.

Utilizing the audit parsing support in the audit RPM is probably
preferable to introducing new RPM's.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>