problems with /dev/slamr0, mknod/insmod

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 02:01:13 UTC 2007

Dear all,

On  a fedora 8 machine with clean install, deleted Fedora 6 and started fresh, I get a warning about insmod as I did with Fedora 7, on Fedora 7 the problem went away, but on Fedora 8, setroubleshoot will warm me more than it did before so I kindly ask for guidance as to how to generate policy to allow the /dev/slamr0 to run without problems with selinux.

avc: denied { setattr } for comm=chgrp dev=tmpfs egid=0 euid=0 exe=/bin/chgrp
exit=-13 fsgid=0 fsuid=0 gid=0 items=0 name=slamr0 pid=1890
scontext=system_u:system_r:insmod_t:s0 sgid=0 subj=system_u:system_r:insmod_t:s0
suid=0 tclass=chr_file tcontext=system_u:object_r:device_t:s0 tty=(none) uid=0

I'll attach the selinux-alert that I got and ask for guidance to resolve this issue.

TIA,

Antonio

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs