Can't enjoy SEPostgresql

KaiGai Kohei kaigai at ak.jp.nec.com
Wed Oct 3 01:08:19 UTC 2007

Shintaro Fujiwara wrote:
> Hi, I want to be entertained by SEPostgresql.
>
> I succeeded installing my note-pc SEPostgresql.
>
> But I can't find any sepostgresql module by
> semodule -l or cant initialize db.
> There is nothing /etc/init.d/sepostgresql
> What's wrong.

You don't succeed to install SE-PostgreSQL :)

> During the installing process of SEPostgresql,
> I got errors on dependencies, so I install with
> option --oldpackage, because
> I already updated to 2.6.4-43.

You HAVE TO install the selinux-policy package with
with object classes/permission related to SE-PostgreSQL.

Unfortunatelly, we have not released the package based on
the latest selinux-policy.
Please apply selinux-policy-2.6.4-42.sepgsql instead.

In Fedora 7 system, the default base security policy does not
contain any object classes/permissions definition related to
database management system, so we have to replace it by
the .sepgsql version.

> And I got error on semodule, too after installed
> SEPostgresql.
> What's wrong and what should I do?

What kind of errores are happen?

Thanks,