CVS Servers [SOLVED]

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Fri Feb 15 16:49:46 UTC 2008

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>Paul Howarth wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok, the issue is solved.  What I did not know is, you
>>> need to make sure that when you create an empty directory,
>>> you also need to make sure that the ownership of that
>>> directory is: cvs:cvs before bind mounting.  So:
>>>
>>> 1) mkdir /cvs
>>> 2) chown cvs:cvs /cvs
>>>
>>> then
>>>
>>> 3) mount --bind /var/cvs /cvs
>>>
>>> it all works now!

[snip!]

One more issue: How to I make the bind-mount permenant,
i.e. do I need to add this to fstab and if so, how?

Dan: As  far a LVM, I do not use it.  I haven't yet learned of
it's benefits so I have not applied it to my current filesystems
for fear of blowing up my current installation.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.