Relocate directories (e.g. tmp): how?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 01:58:52 UTC 2008

Hi!

Is there any generic and straighforward way to adjust SELinux to
allow a functional directories replaced by a symlink to other
location?

For example, I have always been relocate the tmp and var
directories in one separate volume (rapid changing content).
Usually the volume will be mounted on /var and /tmp is a symlink
to var/tmp. This arrangement has been working well for me until
RHEL / CentOS 4. Then when I tried Fedora 8, this setup stop
working: SELinux stop some program - e.g. Xorg and dhcp client -
to work with this tmp symlink.

Is there a mechanism to tell SELinux to treat everything under
/var/tmp the same as under /tmp?

Thanks!

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo