What is the proper context for .strigi?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jun 16 15:51:28 UTC 2008

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I have run into a problem of limted space for .strigi
> which was located in my home directory, so I decided
> to move ~/.strigi to another partition with ample space
> and created a symbolic link from ~/.strigi to the new
> location on a different partition.
>
> Selinux is reporting:
> SELinux is preventing strigidaemon (unconfined_t) "mmap_zero" to
> <Unknown> (unconfined_t).
>
> So, what is the proper context for .strigi and all of the files/directories
> contained within?

You'll find that bind mounts work much better than symlinks from an
SELinux point of view.

This reminds me to ask though, where is homedir_template as used by
genhomedircon now? I can't find it in Fedora 9 and anything I've tried
editing that looks like it might be it gets overwritten when I run
genhomedircon.

Paul.