Support for xorg-x11-drv-ivtv

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 15:25:16 UTC 2008

Hello !

I maintain xorg-x11-drv-ivtv within fedora. This is a Xorg driver for
the PVR-350 video device.

quote of the delopper
-------------------
One thing I did notice in testing is that SELinux blocks X from
accessing /dev/video48. This cripples the ivtv X driver, since it requires
the video device (video48->video55) to add Xv overlay support to X. Without
Xv support, video playback in programs such a mplayer, xine, mythtv, etc.
won't work very well. I've attached the actual report from SELinux regarding
the device access.

I wonder if this special context should be handled with a
selinux-policy-'any' package and if something with udev device
creation would be required.

This driver remains in updates-testing for now (with F-7 F-8) and will
hit Rawhide as soon as i have backported the required libpciacces
patch.

Nicolas (kwizart)