Samba shares...

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue May 13 19:09:34 UTC 2008

Daniel J Walsh
|Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
|> Stephen Smalley wrote:

|> |> ||
|something like:
|> |> |

|> |
|> |Can you confirm that if you umount /AV and then mount it with the
|> |context= option that it really doesn't work for you?  You do have to
|> |umount it though if you previously mounted it w/o the
|context option to
|> |make the option take affect.
|>
|> Yes, I can confirm that adding context= to the option line
|> in /etc/fstab does not seem to do anything, i.e. the context
|> does not change and remains fusefs_t.  I tried several times,
|> and even tried the fscontext= as well, neither seems to work.
|>
|> I was forced to reboot sometimes since I was not at times
|> able to unmount the /AV filesystem, it sometimes reports
|> that the /AV filesystem was 'busy'.  This seems to happen
|> if I mount/unmount several times then it says 'busy',
|> preventing me from unmounting. Hmm.
|>
|> |I'm not sure why a context mount option wouldn't work for
|fuse - Eric?
|> |
|> |fuse itself won't let you chcon (setxattr) the files unless the
|> |filesystem supports setxattr, which is why you get Operation not
|> |supported there.
|> |

|> |
|> |You can certainly generate a local policy module that gives
|access to
|> |fusefs_t, but it would be better if we could get the context mount
|> |option to work.
|>
|> I will try anything you suggest.  Let me know if you can
|> resolve this issue, otherwise let me know (in detail) how
|> to write a policy as a last resort?
|>
|> Thanks much!
|> Dan
|This looks like a bug.

Seems so.  Also, I tried disabling the fuse service
and rebooted and for some reason, the fusefs still
runs?  It still mounts /media files even when this
service is so-called disabled?  I went back to look
to see if the service was running (it wasn't) and
even tried ps -ef| grep fuse (finding no match), so
why is fuse filesystem still running?  Is that a major
bug or is it that the fuse service has no relation to
the fusefs?

Well, can I have a policy work around or will it fail
anyway due to fuse?

BTW: I am running Fedora F8.

Thanks!
Dan