F11 Relabel problem

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 08:10:19 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have just upgraded from F9 to F11 and, still having one or two selinux
related problems, decided to do a /.autorelabel.

Knowing how long this can take on my ageing hardware I went off for a
cup of tea...

On the screen when I returned (the job had not finished) was:
SELinux: Context system_u:object_r:gamin_??? is not valid (left
unmapped)

The question marks are mine. I just reached for a pen when another load
of messages flashed by and the job finished.

Here is what I found in /var/log/messages:

Context system_u:object_r:gamin_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:pppd_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:NetworkManager_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid
(left unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:nscd_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:bluetooth_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:squid_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:dovecot_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:kerneloops_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:syslogd_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:fail2ban_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:openvpn_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:setroubleshoot_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid
(left unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:rpcbind_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:fsdaemon_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:samba_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:mysqld_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:snmp_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:dnsmasq_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:httpd_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:auditd_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:ntpd_script_exec_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).
Context system_u:object_r:squid_var_t:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
Context unconfined_u:object_r:squid_var_t:s0 is not valid (left
unmapped).

My question(s):

1) Should I be worried?
2) Should I do anything?

Note: I don't know if this is relevant because there is not much
additional information to go on in the logs, but - I have in
my /etc/fstab mappings to other partitions - one of which contains the
former F9 system (so that I can refer to previous system configs while I
tune my F11 system) /home is on its own partition.

Thanks for any help / suggestions....

Mark