Targeted Daemons/Apps- Fedora 12

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 18:34:14 UTC 2009

On 12/09/2009 07:06 AM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> Thanks Dominick for the nice explanation.  Ok, now I understand it's not as
> straightforward as I thought.
>
> I originally asked because I remember when RHEL4 and RHEL5 came out, among the
> new features list,   was this list of the "targeted daemons".  Now...as I'm
> considering SELinux for personal/desktop use. (in Fedora) I was wondering
> which typical apps (of the base install) were protected (like Thunderbird,
> Firefox, etc...).
>
> Again, thanks for pointing me to the right direction.
>
> All the best,
> Jorge

You can see all the types associate with processes by executing

seinfo -adomain -x | wc -l
506

Permissive domains
# seinfo --permissive| wc -l
32

Unconfined domains

# seinfo -aunconfined_domain_type -x | wc -l
51

Unconfined domains with unconfined pp file disabled
#semodule -d unconfined
# seinfo -aunconfined_domain_type -x | wc -l
16