vsftpd using mysql

Maria Iano maria at iano.org
Fri Feb 6 16:58:49 UTC 2009

Thank you so much Dominick - sesearch is a fantastic tool! It tells me
exactly which booleans will do what I need. Either one of two booleans
will provide two of the things I need. So there is only one extra
allow rule that I need to create.

# sesearch --allow -s ftpd_t -t mysqld_var_run_t -c sock_file -p write
-C
Found 2 av rules:
DT allow ftpd_t mysqld_var_run_t : sock_file { ioctl read write create
getattr setattr lock append unlink link rename };
[ allow_ftpd_full_access ]
DT allow ftpd_t mysqld_var_run_t : sock_file { ioctl read write create
getattr setattr lock append unlink link rename }; [ ftp_home_dir ]

# sesearch --allow -s ftpd_t -t mysqld_db_t -c dir -p search -C
Found 2 av rules:
DT allow ftpd_t mysqld_db_t : dir { ioctl read write create getattr
setattr lock unlink link rename add_name remove_name reparent search
rmdir }; [ allow_ftpd_full_access ]
DT allow ftpd_t mysqld_db_t : dir { ioctl read write create getattr
setattr lock unlink link rename add_name remove_name reparent search
rmdir }; [ ftp_home_dir ]

So I can get
allow ftpd_t mysqld_var_run_t:sock_file write;
and
allow ftpd_t mysqld_db_t:dir search;
with booleans.

The only one that I can't get that way is:
allow ftpd_t mysqld_t:unix_stream_socket connectto;

Thanks!
Maria