f10 vs selinux again.

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 21:15:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 16:09 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 28 February 2009, Dominick Grift wrote:

> >> I'll go for the latter as there isn't an update available.
> >> [root at coyote Documents]# rpm -qa|grep policy
> >> checkpolicy-2.0.16-3.fc10.i386
> >> selinux-policy-3.5.13-18.fc10.noarch
> >> policycoreutils-2.0.57-11.fc10.i386
> >> policycoreutils-gui-2.0.57-11.fc10.i386
> >> selinux-policy-targeted-3.5.13-18.fc10.noarch

> >> And that upchucks.  It generates mydenials.pp, then:
> >> [root at coyote Documents]# /usr/sbin/semodule -i mydenials.pp
> >> libsepol.link_modules: Tried to link in a non-MLS module with an MLS base.
> >> libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed
> >> /usr/sbin/semodule:  Failed!
> >>
> >> Looks like I may be missing something?
> >
> >Can you give me to output of sestatus?
> >
> >you could try /usr/sbin/semodule -s targeted -i mydenials.pp
>
> Fails exactly the same.  Does selinux=disabled screw with that?

Well you should have SELinux enabled when you install the module.
Enable it first.

> >You might also consider /usr/sbin/semodule -b base.pp (this should
> >replace the base module)
>
> Are you sure I want to do that?

Not totally sure. No. First enable SELinux. Then try to install the
policy module again. If that does not work consider replacing base.pp.

The error suggests that base.pp is for MLS policy. This should not be
the case.