Supporting multiple OS releases

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 01:46:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 17:28 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> RIght I think you would need to build on F9 for support on F11 not the
> other way around.  Just like you would do with shared libraries.  You
> would not expect an c executable built on F11 to run on F9?

I think he wants a single code base which can be built on F9 or F11.  I
might not expect that C to run, but I'd expect the same source could be
compiled on either.

We aren't providing enough information for his policy to know which
interface it should be using, not sure how to solve the problem, but
obviously Rob want a way to use the new interface if it is there and to
use the old interface if it is not.....

-Eric