sVirt

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Mon Jul 6 18:46:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 14:26 -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> Neat!
>
> OK, this is starting to make more sense to me.  I like the idea of using the
> MCS policy to protect guests from each other.
>
> As far as I can see, the MCS policy stuff has not been implemented yet ... at
> least with libvirt-0.6.2 ... I am still waiting for 0.6.5 to appear in Fedora
> 11 updates-testing.  I hope this MCS policy stuff gets implemented for Fedora
> 11 so I can give it a try.

It works for me on F11 out of the box, as described in:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SVirt_Mandatory_Access_Control#How_To_Test

If I start guest VMs via virt-manager or virsh, they get labeled with
unique MCS category pairs and their virtual disks get labeled
accordingly automatically.    And when I stop them, the disks get reset
to their original label and become inaccessible to any guest.