policy database

Stefano Carucci stecarucci at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 09:49:02 UTC 2009

Hello all!

I would like to ask you experts some details about how the policy binary is managed by the security server. While looking through the code I noticed that the avtab (in security/selinux/ss/avtab.h/c) stores all the needed information about the rules in a hash-table. Then, on the other side there is a policy database, that, as far as I understood is meant for configuration parameters only. So my question is: what is the link betweem the policy binary file and the avtab? Are all the rules loaded into the avtab from the binary file? Is there any mechanism to fast policy lookup from the binary file?

Thank you in advance.

Stefano