SELinux won't let dovecot connect to postgresql

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Sun Nov 29 05:29:23 UTC 2009

Thomas Harold wrote:
> I think that you have to have the setroubleshoot service running in
> order to get SELinux errors in /var/log/messages.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/setroubleshoot/wiki/SETroubleShoot%20User%20FAQ

Hmmm, I seem to have both setroubleshoot and setroubleshoot-server
packages installed, but much of that package talks about turning on the
setroubleshoot service; the file for that should be in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/setroubleshoot, but I have no such file.  Both packages
verify as correct (rpm -V) and rpm -qil does not show any such file in
the inventory.  There is a file /usr/sbin/setroubleshootd which is what
I would expect for the daemon, but no file in /etc/rc.d/init.d
references it.  Odd.  And if I try to manually launch it, it runs
briefly, leaves a zero-length log file in
/var/log/setroubleshoot/setroubleshootd.log.

Note that I am *not* on a X11 desktop on this host.  It is a server, and
while it has X installed, it is in run level 3.

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland at rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court