[Fedora-suds-list] Suds problem making call to a webservice method

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Fri Jul 10 15:52:18 UTC 2009

Kidane,

Welcome to suds!

You're not doing anything wrong.  Suds is sending this message:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:ns0="http://bccs.uib.no/Jaspar"
    <SOAP-ENV:Header/>
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
       <ns0:getAllMatrices>
          <ns0:Format xsi:type="ns0:Format">ICM</ns0:Format>
          <ns0:Database xsi:type="ns0:Database">CORE</ns0:Database>
       </ns0:getAllMatrices>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Instead of:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:ns0="http://bccs.uib.no/Jaspar"
     <SOAP-ENV:Header/>
     <SOAP-ENV:Body>
       <ns0:getAllMatrices>
          <ns0:Format>ICM</ns0:Format>
          <ns0:Database>CORE</ns0:Database>
       </ns0:getAllMatrices>
     </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The server is rejecting because of the xsi:type="" on the <Format/> and <Database/>
elements.  Since both are derived by restriction (and not extension), suds really doesn't
need to set the xsi:type.

Fixed in svn r536 and released on 0.3.7 beta.

Regards,

Jeff