[Fedora-suds-list] Can this be done

Roland Hedberg roland.hedberg at adm.umu.se
Mon Oct 12 19:36:32 UTC 2009

Hi!

I'm new to suds, so obviously I don't know a lot about how it works :-)
Anyway, I've seen a lot of examples with WSDL described SOAP services,
which is all good and well but unfortunately it doesn't help me.

I'm writing a SAML2 implementation in Python and I need to be able to
do SOAP calls that looks like this:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
   xmlns:SOAP-ENV=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/”>
   <SOAP-ENV:Body>
     <samlp:AttributeQuery xmlns:samlp:=”...”
       xmlns:saml=”...” xmlns:ds=”...” ID=”_6c3a4f8b9c2d”
Version=”2.0” IssueInstant=”2004-03-27T08:41:00Z”
       <ds:Signature> ... </ds:Signature>
       <saml:Subject>
       .</saml:Subject>
     </samlp:AttributeQuery>
   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

That is the SOAP body is a XML document that I construct using modules
I have.

Can suds help me with this ?

I've looked through the documentation but can't see how it could be
done, but then I'm new to suds and am well aware that I don't
understand suds yet.

--Roland