[Fedora-suds-list] Restricting the representation of a complex argument

Roland Hedberg roland.hedberg at adm.umu.se
Tue Oct 20 18:43:48 UTC 2009

Hi!

Just let me start by saying that I really like suds !
Now, with that out of the way :-)

I'm trying to access a web service, where the arguments to the methods
are really complex.
The arguments are class instances with parameters that takes classes
as values and these classes has parameters that has classes as values
and so on..

Only a small subset of the parameters must have values.

When I create an instance of a base class, it seems like all the
parameters that I don't assign a values gets a blank as a value.
This means that the soap message that is sent contains the whole
structure with parts that looks like this:

     <bksinfovo xsi:type="ns2:BKSInfoVO">
       <bksRole xsi:type="ns1:string"/>
       <bksServer xsi:type="ns1:string"/>
       <bksSublevel xsi:type="ns1:string"/>
      </bksinfovo>

Is there any way of getting suds to make the SOAP messages as lean as
possible, that is leave out all the parameters that I don't assign a
value ?

--Roland