[Fedora-suds-list] Suds client stopped working on Windows 7

Rui Neves rneves at mog-solutions.com
Thu Sep 17 17:32:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have/had a suds client that always worked just fine using some wsdl
"generated" using turbogears's tgwebservices.
The problem happened when i tried to run this server on windows 7. after
some tweaking everything was running fine (i could access the wsdl and
use the web services using external clients like soapUI or from a C# GUI
i had developed before)
except for the suds client who stopped working. The "client =
Client(url)" line still works. It creates the service and shows the
methods and types available just fine but every method i try to use just
returns the following error:

URLError: <urlopen error (11004, 'getaddrinfo failed')> (this happens
for all client.service."method"() i try to use)

I was wondering if anyone experienced similar problems. All my previous
problems (already resolved) had to do with the windows 7's IPV6 support.
Could it be related?

Some additional info:

I'm using suds 0.3.4 and python 2.5
As for network connections: I have no proxys enabled and i even disabled
the firewall to no avail

Thanks in advance,
Rui Neves

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4434 (20090917) __________