up date fails kernel

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Apr 27 00:04:04 UTC 2005

glenn wrote:
> I installed the latest version of up2date (up2date-4.4.15-4) and now I
> can not use "up2date --nosig" where the only outstanding pkgs are kernel
> pkgs (1267 rev).  I am currently on kernel 1261.
>
> When I ask 'yum -y update', it lists the kernel pkgs but reports that I
> am currently up to date and therefore does nothing.
>
> I am using the I386 environment of FC4 T2.
>
> Anyone else having this issue this morning

Yum hunts for mirrors and some mirrors are not current at the time yum
checks these mirrors. Try running yum -y update again, maybe twice until
it hits a mirror that is current.

up2date has been crippled since the libssl.so.4 to libssl.so.5
transition. It was busted before up2date was upgraded to use the newer
versions of libssl.so.5

I cut down my usage of up2date to rare occasions and use yum 90+ percent
of the time now.

Jim

--
	WARNING TO ALL PERSONNEL:

Firings will continue until morale improves.