Broadcom wireless not working?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Tue May 8 15:23:39 UTC 2007

Will Woods wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 17:32 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
>> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>>> It's NetworkManager; just enable the NetworkManager service and it will
>>> show up
>>>
>>> Jeremy
>>>
>> Thanks, that's it.
>
> Your wireless device is a bcm4318; I'm not sure how good support is for
> those and I don't have any test hardware. So be sure to let us know how
> it works!
>
> thanks,
> -w

Sure,
I am also ready to provide any feedback if needed (though mostly at weekends,
when I am at home with a accessible wifi network at hand) to help solve any
issues. I read on fedoraforum from a man with the same card that he cannot
connect to any networks using the new driver (bcm43xx_mac80211) and only to some
using the old driver (bcm43xx). He uses the NetworkManager to connect. I'll see
how mine will work when I am at home.

Thanks,
Martin