[Freeipa-devel] xml-rpc functions

Kevin McCarthy kmccarth at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 19:19:35 UTC 2007

Rob Crittenden wrote:
> When doing a modify I wonder what we'll be sending. All attributes,
> just those modified, something else?

It's easier (of course) to just send all the values from the web page
onward.  But then something along the line is going to have to convert
it to a correct ldap modification command.

I suppose we could embed original values in the page and do a comparison
before sending off through xmlrpc.  That probably isn't that hard to do.
We probably want to filter what's sent over in any case, so a malicious
user doesn't embed a 'memberOf' field in their post and we end up
passing it through...

-Kevin