[Freeipa-devel] Invalid method: __nonzero__ from xmlrpc server

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 18:48:50 UTC 2007

Kevin McCarthy wrote:
> I've finally gotten TurboGears templates and such working more to my
> liking, so I've been playing with the get_user() RPC calls.  After
> calling get_user once or twice, the xmlrpc server starts returning
> 'Invalid method: __nonzero__' responses.
>
> Is this a known issue, or perhaps get_user is only half-baked at this
> point?
>
> Thanks,

While get_user() isn't fully baked that is a very strange response from
the server. Can you snoop on the connection to see what data is being
passed back and forth? Is Apache logging anything?

I think I'd do the following:

1. Set LogLevel debug in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
2. Stick ssltap between the XML-RPC client and server. To do this update
the URL in rpcclient.py to point to your ssltap tool.

Then hit it until you get the error.

rob