[Freeipa-devel] question about permissions, etc., in groups

David O'Brien david.obrien at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 15:26:47 UTC 2007

Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 11:04 +1000, David O'Brien wrote:
>> Rob Crittenden wrote:

>>> Right, by deactivating those groups you deactivate all the users in
>>> those groups as well as any groups that may be a member (and thus those
>>> members).
>> So it's not what I thought?  If I'm in GroupA and GroupB and you
>> deactivate either one, I'm deactivated, period? I thought you stayed
>> active as long as you were in an active group.
>
> No, it wouldn't make sense.
> Think how difficult would be to be sure all members of a specific group
> are inactivated if your reasoning were true.

Yes, it makes sense to have it the way it's been explained above. I was
attempting to follow up on what I read (obviously not well enough) in
another thread.

>>> I believe that deny overrules allow in FDS ACIs. So if you hit any deny
>>> along the way of determining permission you are denied.
>> ok, I'll write it up as such unless I hear otherwise.
>
> Inactivation is prevalent, unless you specifically override the
> attribute manually on the specific user.

I'll make sure I include this when documenting active and inactive users
and groups.

> (As others have said, we need to test, but if this is not what we get we
> need to raise a bug)

I'll try to do my bit while documenting. Who's on the testing team
anyway, apart from Suzanne of the questionable wrists?  ;-)

--

David O'Brien <mailto:daobrien at redhat.com>
RHCT