[Freeipa-devel] ipa_pwd_extop killing FDS 1.0.4 on Centos 5.1

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Sat Dec 8 00:18:29 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 09:45 +0000, Jonathan Barber wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking at porting the ipa_pwd_extop plugin to run on our
> existing FDS 1.0.4 servers, and have got it running under Centos 5.1
> fine for the kerberos hashes.
>
> However, when the plugin comes to update the samba hashes in
> ipapwd_SetPassword(), it crashes the server.
>
> It appears (from a generous dollop of log statements) to be halting in
> encode_ntlm_keys() on the first calls to either DES_set_key_unchecked()
> or MD4_Init() depending on which hashes I set to be generated, so on the
> face of things it would appear to be related to openssl somehow.
> Needless to say, a simple program calling these functions from the
> openssl library works fine on the system.
>
> Can anyone offer insight as to what be causing the crash?

Ok it's not even a crash, the dynamic linker simply freaks out because
for some reason during the conversion to auto tools the linking with
openssl libraries was lost and the symbol is simply not found.

Working to fix this, thanks for the report.

| Simo S Sorce |
| Sr.Soft.Eng. |
| Red Hat, Inc |
| New York, NY |