[Freeipa-devel] LDAP over XML

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at outlands.ca
Thu Jul 19 11:54:46 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I'm just a lurker interested in FreeIPA.  I do not want to waste your
time, but I wonder ...

Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> I've been going back and forth over how much LDAP information to
>> reveal over RPC. At this point it is simply easier to reveal it all
>> (as granted by LDAP ACLs of course). We can remove stuff in the future
>> (like objectclass) but for now I'm going to transmit everything I think.

Why do "LDAP over XML" in the first place ?  Can't the client just query
the directory server directly ?  This seem very awkward to me.

--
Etienne Goyer                                       0x3106BCC2

"For Bruce Schneier, SHA-1 is merely a compression algorithm."
http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/164