[Freeipa-devel] AJAX and section 508 compliance

Kevin McCarthy kmccarth at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 15:55:01 UTC 2007

Last week Bob (Lord) asked me to play around with some ajax'ish UI
prototypes for user management.  I have a demo running at
  http://moon.usersys.redhat.com:3000/users/
It's hitting against bart, so is a bit slow, but you can see some of the
ideas.  (The LDAP library I'm using is limiting results on the _client_
side, so try to type more than 3 characters for filtering - it's just a
prototype).

Someone (I think it was Mairin) mentioned there may be Section 508
issues we need to be concerned with.  What is the teams view on
ajax UI enhancements?  Are we going to only support modern browers with
javascript, use ajax but gracefully fall back, or use a compatible and
accessible (but primitive) UI.

-Kevin