[Freeipa-devel] local DNS zone setup, please review

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 15:55:33 UTC 2007

Simo Sorce wrote:
> John have you seen the zone file sthat is generated by the setup
> script ? Or have you tried with --setup-bind ?

Thanks, yes. FWIW it seems to me --setup-bind seems to be missing a few
critical features, but perhaps I've missed something along the way.

* setup-bind does not create a reverse zone, there are various
operations in kerberos and probably other things as well which will fail
in cryptic ways if the reverse mapping does not work.

* it would be really nice if setup-bind could take into account other
dns servers which might need to be queried, e.g. the corporate LAN
(intranet) case.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>